Saturday, February 14, 2009

FW: NEVER EVER SHAKE YOUR BABY!

Most of the time I dont open forwarded emails, for there is just too much of the chain letter and junks being circulated around. However this message caught my eye, and I am glad it did so. Below is the email:

__________________________________________________________



December 4th, 2007, Jessica Sherwood had to do something no mother should ever have to do.At 2:29 pm Jessica made a very tough, but the right decision to take her little 3 month old daughter off life support In memory of little London Marie, i thought id start a little forward..Jessica had a message that i want every one to know..



This is what Jessica said:'If anyone has kids, make sure that you keep them with you the whole time. Don't give then to anyone that you don't trust. Trust me, I thought that I trusted Josh. But now as of December 4, 2007 at 2:29 AM, she is gone. My one & only baby. & He is going to pay FOREVER, even if he gets out of jail scott free, he will be dead no matter what. & To all my friends that know London , I am very angry & upset that I lost the love of my life, my babygirl. She died on her three month birthday .



London had six fractured ribs, both of her legs were fracture, & her brain was so damaged that if she were to live she would be a vegetable. So I did what was right & what was best for her & took her off life support. That's what you call Shaken Baby Sydrome [SBS].



For those of you who dont know what Shaken Baby Syndrome check out the facts ;



-Shaking, jerking and jolting can cause blood vessels in the head to tear or burst.

Shaken Baby Syndrome is the shaking of an infant or child by the arms, legs, or shoulders with or without impact of the head. This trauma can result in bleeding and brain injury with no outward signs of abuseOften frustrated caregivers feel that shaking a baby or small child is a harmless way to make the child stop crying. However, a baby's brain and blood vessels are vulnerable to whiplash motions, such as shaking, jerking, jolting, and impact. The neck muscles of an infant or small child are weak, so the child's head is relatively heavy and the neck cannot support the stress of shaking or impact



-Shaking a very young child, with or without impact of the head, can cause irreversible brain damage, blindness, cerebral palsy, hearing loss, spinal cord injury, seizures, learning disabilities, and even death. It is tragic that healthy, intelligent babies are suffering these disabilities simply because their caregivers don't know about the dangers associated with Shaken Baby Syndrome. An estimated 1,200 to 1,400 cases of Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) occur each year in the United States .Only 1 out of 4 babies dies of Shaken Baby Syndrome. HOWEVER, the other three babies will need ongoing medical attention for the rest of their short lifespans.



Rest in Peace London Marie Sherwood

September 4th, 2007-December 4th, 2007

_________________________________________________________



I felt so bad after reading it, I couldnt even bear to imagine the pain and trauma poor baby London went through before she died. I did my own little research on this case, and found more cases where babies died due to SBS.



HOW HORRIBLE. I'm not in the position to judge who is at fault, because I dont know why did the mother left her baby with the father for 3 weeks without calling to check on them. Perhaps she had her own problems; perhaps she was trying to solve her own personal problems before fetching baby London back for a better life. The dad was young and inexperience, he probably had his own issues to deal with. Something that did not make sense to me was why did Josh's family refused to even touch the baby. There were so many of them in the house; if only all of them took turn to care for London, Josh wont be so stressed and frustrated and this tradgy wont occur. The website link hosted a firey debate sparkled by this incident.


http://unasked.com/question/view/id/12759



Sometimes in life, sheer pride and foolishness could mislead us into felony. Too often a time when the regret sets in, it would be too late. Should the guilty one be given a new chance is another delima altogether. The torment experienced by the little innocent will never comparable to whatever the guilt does to the man.



4 comments:

  1. My dear Shi Wei,

    Yes, this is a sad story. Thank you for presenting it to us. I see that your analysis is purely in moral terms. That's fine. Certainly morality is part and parcel to any discussion of topics such as interpersonal communication, EQ, and the like. I appreciate you bringing this up.

    At the same time, when reading your post, I see quite a few language errors.

    -dont know
    -inexperience
    -why did Josh's family refused
    -Josh wont be so stressed and frustrated and this tradgy wont occur
    -into felony
    -will never comparable

    Where's your blogging buddy?

    Thank you again (and excuse me in advance for my own obsessing)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW IT.

    I warned my alter ego not to write this entry, but she insisted.

    Haha, before I aggravate Brad's annoyance towards my language problems, I've re-draft my response:

    I felt so bad after reading it; I couldn’t even bear to imagine the pain and trauma poor baby London went through before she died. I did my own little research on this case, and found more cases where babies died from SBS.

    HOW HORRIBLE. I'm not in the position to judge since I don’t know the entire story; but what baffled me was why the mother left her baby with the father for 3 weeks without even calling to check on her. Perhaps she had her own problems; perhaps she was trying to sort out her life before going back for baby London. The dad (Josh) was young and inexperienced; and probably had his own issues to deal with. His family’s reluctance to look after London shocked me too. There were so many of them in the house; if only they took turns to care for London, this tragedy would not have happened. The website link below hosted a fiery debate sparkled by this incident.

    http://unasked.com/question/view/id/12759

    Sheer pride and foolishness can mislead us to the wrong path. Too often when remorse sets in, it will be too late. Should the guilty one be given another chance is another dilemma altogether. The pain and torment inflicted to the innocents will never be compensated by the punishment of guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you prevailed and not your alter ego! Please don't worry so much (at all) about me. I don't get annoyed by your language problems; I just want to help you develop your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Established transportation infrasctructure for a plethora of lifestlye, dining and entertainment.
    the interlace condo (theinterlacecondo.sg)

    ReplyDelete